Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Squid Lab ends, AP review and picts

Club Day today so students our and in during class.  We went over the immune system ... humoral and cell-mediated response ... antibodies and more.  Tomorrow, homeostasis, osmoregulation and excretion.

Selected Topics finished their squid dissection today by generating a table of measurement and graphing their results.  Tomorrow, the amphibian dissection begins.  Tyler did some great work the last two days!



During Spring Break, we took students on a hiking and wildflower trip to eastern Kentucky.  My camera dropped out of my pocket on the last day and today, it showed up at school.  A hiker from Danville, KY picked it up and tracked me down by the softball pictures on my camera.  THANKS!  It is just a point and shoot and six years old but, I had it when we went to Kyrgyzstan to she Hannah and it is handy at school and on the farm.  I was glad to have it back!

During this trip we went to Lillie Cornett Woods, Kingdom Come Park, Bad Branch Creek and Falls, Cumberland Falls, Yahoo Falls and Arch ...

Yahoo Arch with some of our AP Science Students ...


Trillium was blooming everywhere at Yahoo ... maybe Southern Sessile Trillium ...


Jack-in-the-Pulpit ... I love these!


Near Yahoo Falls ...


Yahoo Falls ... highest water fall in Kentucky ... about 120 feet.





No comments:

Post a Comment