Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Honeybees and Planting Potatoes

Friday, in Selected Topics in Science, we continued reading The Beatinest Boy by Jesse Stuart.  We will finish this book on Monday.  As part of our study on invertebrates and vertebrates, I brought in my beekeeping equipment and talked about beekeeping and gathering honey (robbing bees is a part of the Jesse Stuart book we are reading).  Below are two of our volunteers dressed to work a beehive ... thanks ... James and Mikey!



It was warm on Saturday and the ground was dry enough to plant potatoes.  I planted some seed potatoes and then took some from our basement that was sprouted.  After doing some research on the internet I planted the best of the left-over potatoes after cutting back the sprouts to a 6".  We will see if they make it ... if not I will replant later.



No comments:

Post a Comment