Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Farm Picts and Sunday ...

This morning and early afternoon, I checked all our hives after checking on Granny.  She was up and going by the time I rolled in to check on her.  All our hives seemed to doing okay.  We have two mega hives this year that have already put in four medium supers of honey ... over 150 pounds each and it is still May.  Both are second year hives ... one is Italians and the other Buckfast.  I took some video from the one closest to the house and will try and post it.

We had hitting practice late this afternoon and it went well.  Tomorrow we will start our regional tournament with our long-time arch enemy ... Greenwood.  Should be an exciting game!

This evening I planted some seeds in flats and watered them ... mostly sunflowers and gourds.

John is here for the night ... it is good to have him home occasionally.

Below is a picture of a tree frog I found on a hive down at Long Creek.  It was on top of a white plastic top hiding in the center of a cement block on top of the hive.  It was nearly white.  I took it to the fence line and put it on a tree ... then took a picture of it.  The other pict is the corn in our second bottom ... I don't know when Rocky got it planted but between rains he did and it looks good.  My Grandfather Roberts would not be happy with the not straight rows ...



No comments:

Post a Comment