Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

American Woodcock ... Spring?

Today, we worked on cell to cell communication in AP Biology with questions from Chapter 11.  We discussed signal transduction ... G proteins and cyclic-AMP ... steroid hormones, transcription factors and apoptosis.

We have our first AP Test of the semester tomorrow ... mostly ecology, cell science, enzymes, photosynthesis and respiration.

We will be working on mitosis and meiosis the rest of the week with our lab on Friday.

Selected Topics continues to work on genetics ... several modes of inheritance.  Our problem to solve at the end of the class was called "Can you Find My Baby?"

Took a walk when I got home from school and changed the tire on my truck.  This evening I could hear woodcocks calling and making a lot of noise ... but, it was too dark to see them flying.  A sign of Spring!

not my picture ... http://www.allaboutbirds.org

No comments:

Post a Comment