Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

First Spring Wildflower ...

Today on my walk after school I walked to the goat field to check the beehives.  On the way up the hill I saw our first wildflower of the spring ... a hepatica .... Hepatica americana.  I have not be taking my camera on walks but will later this week for a picture.  It's bloom was just opening.  Really early for the start of wildflower season!

In AP Biology, we prepped up our mitosis / meiosis lab.   Classroom discussion today centered around mitosis and the checkpoints that control cell division with its connection to cancers.  We also went over spermatogenesis, oogenesis and crossing-over.  Tomorrow, we will wrap up our preparation for the lab Friday and start genetics.

In Selected Topics we reviewed modes of inheritance with sample problems ... tomorrow,  LOGAL genetics lab.

My ancient DELL computer was replaced today ... hopefully it will be fully functional soon.  Luckily most of my important programs and presentations are on my Mac.  Love those Macs!

No comments:

Post a Comment