Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year to All!

It was wonderful having snow for Christmas ... a pict from our hives on the goat field north of Holland.  Most hives seem to be doing okay.

We had a good Christmas.  Our daughter, Hannah, was in for a few days from San Francisco.  Our oldest daughter and her husband Kyle was down from Champaign, IL to visit on two weekends.  Our son, John, went with us up to Ohio to see my sister's family and my Dad.

I visited my Sunday school teacher while in Ohio ... he was a WWII veteran and life long dairyman.  I ate and stayed at their house on several occasions visiting his son (my cousin) when I was young.  It was so good to visit and talk with him.  I was spell-bound by his stories of WWII when I was young and I still love to hear them.

I got some good presents for Christmas, including some great books, seeds to plant in the garden next summer and clothes.  I am reading one of my books and hope to finish before returning to school ... "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" by Rebecca Skloot.  It is about the HeLa cell line that is used all over the world in cell research ... these cells originated from Henrietta Lacks over 60 years ago from cervical cancer cells.  A very interesting book!

Today I worked with students preparing for the protein structure problem in Science Olympiad.  Went to the basketball games yesterday and stopped by the tournament for a sandwich today ... lots of hard work and dedication from the softball booster club to put the holiday tournament on ...

Tomorrow is suppose to warm up enough I can check some hives and I have a couple of student recommendations to write.

Wishing you all the best new year in 2011!

rr

No comments:

Post a Comment