Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

More buckwheat, last day of summer vacation... wildflower picts!

This morning early I ran the cultipacker over about 3-4 acres in the hollow back of our house.  I broadcast some buckwheat and vetch seed there the evening before. Spent the rest of the morning working in our garden and around the house.

Went to Scottsville later to take some honey to Southern States, picked up a prescription at Stovalls and went out to the high school for a few minutes.

This evening talked to Hannah and Rachel ... always good to talk to them and know they are okay.

Below are two of the wildflowers that I saw this morning.  Lots of ironweed just starting to bloom in the areas I did not bush-hog this Spring.  The second in orange jewelweed which is in abundance around the small stream and several springs in the hollow back of our house.  Orange jewelweed is in the touch-me-not family ... their seedpods burst open suddenly when touched.


No comments:

Post a Comment