Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

A coyote, woodcocks and a rabbbit ...

In AP Biology today, we took a couple of quizzes, finished our study of evolution and population genetics with a review of bacteria. Tomorrow, we will start a lab using Wisconsin Fast Plants - Artificial Selection Investigation.  On Monday is our BLAST lab.  Also today, my 4th block class expanded Drosophila crosses so we will have flies for our behavior lab later.

Selected Topics are ready for the catapult lab tomorrow ... marshmallows away!

I started some grass in flats today ... big blue stem.

After school I bushhogged again ... I am estimating about two weeks to finish the farm on evenings only.  It was cold and it rained a little while I was working.  During the evening a coyote came up to see if I would flush out a rabbit from the briar patches.  I yelled at him and he trotted off the the woods and sat there thinking I could not see him.  I also scared up three woodcocks and a rabbit while mowing.  I am finished around the house and was working on the long field late this evening by my turnip patch.

Warmer tomorrow ... and long-term forecast calls for temperature in the 50's and 60's but some rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment