Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

BLAST Lab tomorrow ... some picts

On Friday, we started our Artificial Selection Lab using Fast Plants.  Students started their plants and went over the procedure for this lab that takes several weeks to complete.  Tomorrow is our Blast Lab - AP Bio Investigation #3.  Club schedule is on Tuesday.

We finished our catapult lab on Friday in Selected Topics Friday ... next week in physics we are working our our super structure lab which will focus on the physics of building houses.

This weekend I was able to bushhog a lot ... it was 74 on Saturday.  I saw over a dozen of rabbits, three red-tail hawks hunting at the same time, a coyote checking out my mowing and a four foot snake getting out of the way of my bushhog.  I fed our bees today (sugar water in zip lock bags / a couple of slits cut on the top side of the bag)  and numbers are increasing significantly in most hives.

Catapult building in the first two pictures and the last two are students doing a Napless fly transfer (outside of course to keep fruit flies out of my room).  We will use these flies for a behavior lab later.






No comments:

Post a Comment