Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Snow and clover seed ...

On Friday at school, we had school-wide ACT prep second block for juniors so I missed my Selected Topics Class.  I was one of the three science teachers doing ACT science review ... types of questions and format with some sample questions.

In AP Biology, we tallied up our fly lab data before moving on to gene regulation ... lac and trp operon, eukaryotic regulation and more.  We have sample MC questions for Monday and we are going to start quizzes to force students to review ... it is a long haul on content and labs for a single semester.  We have our bacterial transformation lab scheduled for Monday.  My juniors in fourth block missed half the class for at review award ... we pressed on without them.

Snowed last night so I got up early and walked on some clover seed on our turnip patch and elsewhere.  I also walked put some grass seed on our lawn.  Lots of birds at our feeders all day ... goldfinches, cardinals, juncos, sparrows, chickadees, red-bellied woodpeckers and many more!

John and Claire in for the weekend and Hannah is on her way down from Ann Arbor for a few days ... her Spring Break is next week.  Snow this morning in our backyard below as I fed our birds.


No comments:

Post a Comment