Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Graduation ... done!

Today, we had hitting practice starting at 8:00 AM with the middle schoolers ... afterwards I continued my effort to stay ahead of the bees by building more frames and installing them in supers.  Still a ways to go to get caught up.

Graduation tonight at AC-S.  220 seniors graduated.  We had some good students in this class and I think they will do well in college.  The graduation program ended badly ... usually the students hug the sit back down and are dismissed but tonight, parents rushed the floor before the graduates were dismissed and it just kind of ended ... weird, but not surprising.

Good luck to all ... we had several good science students in this group.  The best thing you can do to tell you teachers thanks, is go on do something with your education.

Most students are going to schools locally ... WKU and Bowling Green Tech ... one student is going to Depauw University in Indiana ... only one I know that is not attending the usual places ... UK, UL, WKU, LW and CU.

http://www.depauw.edu/

Now that school is out, I started reading "Kentucky's Last Great Places" by Thomas G. Barnes that my daughter got be for my birthday ... great photos and interesting plants.   Lots of interesting and remote areas ... one in Allen County, Goodrum's Cave, up by Settle, KY.



E. Lucy Braun is mentioned in this book ... a naturalist from Cincinnati that taught at the University of Cincinnati ... did field work in Highland County (Ohio)  near where I grew up.  I will have to do more research on her trips to Highland County.  Several of the locations are familiar ... Fort Hill and God's Garden / New Market, OH

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Lucy_Braun

No comments:

Post a Comment