Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday - Clover seed and our scrimmage.

On Saturday we had a intrasquad scrimmage ... Our pitching/catching is ahead of our hitting and defense but it was nice to get on the field with a sunny warm day and just play a little.  Makes it much easier to see what we need to work on this week in practice.   It appears we will have another good team this year after finishing 3rd at the state tournament last year.  Since 1997 we have had winning seasons and for the last 13 years at least 20 wins each year (and over 30 in many) ... also 13 straight Distict 15 titles in a row.  This years team appears to be on track to keep the winning tradition rolling.

We have several people helping again this year and I really appreciate them all!  We would not be able to keep as many girls on the team if were not for them.  I am always hesitant to ask anyone to help ... no money really and a lot of sacrifice away from their families ... I know, because for years I have coached and often I wish I had coached less and spent more time with my own children now that they are grown and live away from Allen County.  Like Coach Bear Bryant of Alabama once said ... "If you can live without coaching - do it".   That would also be my recommendation.  Now if you coach either of the BIG TWO ... then at least there is a little money in it!

Sunday included some hand seeding of white dutch clover in a couple of areas when I worked up last fall and seem to be bare.

John and Claire was up and that was great to visit and talk with them ... also talked to Rachel on the phone.  Hannah checked in on Saturday.  I am grateful to hear from them regularly!

Tomorrow back to work after testing on Friday.  Things are really starting to green up as Spring continues to unfold ... makes it hard to stay inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment