Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

WKU Football and Clover Seed

I saw this weekend a list of the recruits for Western Kentucky University Football ... probably top recruits on the front page list of the BG Daily News ... with only one player from Kentucky and most from Florida and Georgia (Thursday paper).  I hate that and still believe that public colleges should have half their recruits from Kentucky.  Of course I know what you are going to say ... "But we cannot win with these KY players!"  I think WKU football probably could win just as many games with KY players!

My opinion all along has been recruit KY first and often ... their parents, grandparents and friends pay taxes for those schools and recruiting should reflect that ... in the end, it is higher education and about education and not sports.  Let's go with 50 percent of all athletic scholarships in public university must go to Kentucky student athletes ... and not Fl!  Maybe coaches would have to coach and not buy their players. Don't get me started on UK basketball!

This afternoon, I walked on some more clover seed ... 80% yellow sweet clover and 20% ladino clover ... all seed was coated and inoculated.  It was beautiful outside and a good day to do it (not too wet).

Here is the problem getting seed local or at least coated seed ... 50 pounds of coated seed means that when you buy the seed, 34% of the weight is coating and the germination on this seed was 80%.  Which means of the 50 pounds ... only 26 pounds of live seed.  I always try to buy local but seems like I just keep getting burnt and Southern States - Scottsville.  I am going to try and plan ahead and stick with OutsidePride.

Also walked on some Pacific Gold Mustard for some early blooms for the bees ... will see how it works and post some picts.

Bee school at the HS went great on Saturday ... it was fun!

rr

No comments:

Post a Comment