Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday ... start of school fast approaching ...

I returned Friday afternoon from a trip to see Rachel and Kyle in Illinois and my Dad and sister in Ohio.  They were all fine.  I got to see some old friends in Ohio and that was good.  My Sunday school teacher from when I was young, a WWII veteran, farmer and several more.  I really don't think about all the people I know there when I live here and only really miss talking to them when I visit.

Saturday I plowed up a few acres for buckwheat.  I was surprised my JD2030 could actually pull a three bottom plow in this kind of ground (rocks!).  It looked okay ... not as good as my grandfather and father could do but, it has been nearly 30 years since I did any serious plowing.  Disked this ground and planted one field before my tractor broke.  That repair will have to wait until next week.

Today I will be getting things ready to extract honey ... maybe will take honey off on Tuesday.  It is suppose to be cooler next week.

School is just around the corner ... I have bus training on August 2nd.

Fall flowering plants are just beginning to bloom ... especially ironweed.  I know our bees could use some nectar!

No comments:

Post a Comment