Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Some wildflowers spared from the bush-hog!

Tonight was Sue Neal's 40th year class reunion.  I think it is more fun to go as a guest of the event.  You get to eat and talk a lot to the other non-classmates ... there were lots of good stories especially from the old Pointers (Scottsville alums).

I saw the following wildflower while bush-hogging the field behind Granny's house ... went down and took this picture this morning ... lots of honeybees working the about 1/4 acre patch I did not bush-hog.  I believe it is Slender Mountain Mint (Pycnanthemum tenuifolium - mint family and perennial). They were beautiful ... will try and take a picture of the flowers close up tomorrow with my microscope.



I posted a picture of a flower I have been seeing while bush-hogging ...  large circular patches of the flower below which I now know is the American Germander (Teucrium canadense - mint family - a perennial with rhizomes, hence the large circular patches.  Thanks Steve for the ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment