Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Flower picts and one more day at WKU

I have one more day at the WKU / AP Institute.  Today we did several alternative labs.  We visited the project of our TA ... a graduate student at WKU.  She is working with piranha and pacu ... both fish we saw and ate on occasion when we were in Peace Corps / Brazil.  I did not know that pacu is related to piranha but it is a vegetarian.  They can get really large!  Mario Sabatel use to catch them by the dozens.

Stopped a school to download some of my files I will need in the share time tomorrow.

Got the mower going just before dark and mowed part of the yard.

When I got home, I took the pictures below.  This year, there has been several large colonies of this flower in open fields and I have mostly bush-hogged around it.  I hope to ID this tomorrow with some help from an expert in our Institute class.



No comments:

Post a Comment