Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Off to the state tournament and jobs unfinished!

Today was Sue Neal's Uncle Burl's funeral ... he was 85.  A WWII veteren of the navy.  The only long period of time he ever spent away from Allen County.  He was stationed in San Francisco on his return after the war.  He had some great stories and I am going to miss him and them!

I worked in the yard some today ... mowing and fertilizing flowers ... a little weeding and some Roundup spraying ...  After the funeral, I trimmed the yard and cleaned up some around the house.  We had softball practice (last one of the year!) at 6:00 and only practiced about an hour ... the hay is in the barn!

We are going to Owensboro tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM.  I feel good about our chances to go deep in the tournament.  It will be interesting!

After practice I took two supers off of one of the mega hives and put them on other hives to store them.  Also planted some gourds I had started in flats in the garden ... at dark with my head lamp on ... not good ... bugs were everywhere!

Still really hot here ... high was 94 today!

rr

No comments:

Post a Comment