Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Picts from the Fields ...

Today, our softball team went to the Chamber of Commerce breakfast.  We had 13 varsity players in town and attended along with coaches ... I gave a little run down of the tournament and introduced the players attending.  Former science teacher / coach and now Mayor Rob Cline gave us a plaque and an official day for our team ... I got the official key of Scottsville.  Judge Executive Hobdy gave us a large road state champion sign for our building.  It was a good time and it was good to see several former Patriot Coaches in the crowd.

Tomorrow is the Rotary luncheon.

Afterwards I took our truck to town and got a large load of mulch ... this afternoon mulched several of our flower beds but, will need a lot more.

Bush-hogged this PM and saw my first snake of the year ... a black racer about 3-4 feet long.  I don't think I could out run a black racer.  It zipped along beside the tractor before veering off.  I don't like snakes!

While bush-hogging, I mow around milkweed, especially butterfly weeds (orange below, first with a honeybee)



Also there was a patch of bee balm in the middle of one field ... pale lavender (you know I am color-blind).  It was beautiful and so was spared the bush-hog.  I will try and harvest some seed.


No comments:

Post a Comment