Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Practice, bees and the yard

Today we had softball practice at 9:00 (hitting at BSA) and 7:00 (cookout followed by practice on the field).  We will have two practices tomorrow before leaving at 8:00 AM for Owensboro on Thursday.  We will be playing East Jessamine from the 12th region.  We are one of the favorite in the tournament.

2011 Tournament link
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfp11?id=tournament_106200

This year the tournament is a three day affair with only 4 teams making it to Saturday.  Hope we are one of them!

Today I finished mowing the yard and worked on our bees.  All is well but not much going on ... lack of nectar or just too hot!  I am going to split one of the mega hives tomorrow morning and give a report back ... will have to try and find the queen in the middle of about 40,000 bees.  Good luck with that!

My two new hives I made with Gordon's help after we found a hive with queen cells are thriving now as in the the swarm I captured in our barn. We will have 19 hives if the split in the goat field works.

Tomorrow is Uncle Burl's funeral (my wife's uncle).  He was 85 and died of a heart attack last Saturday.  I will miss his stories on the mornings I attend the breakfast club at Granny's in Holland.  I enjoyed everyone of them told many times!

rr

No comments:

Post a Comment