Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fence Row Cleaning ... White Snakeroot?

Sue Neal and I are busy using fall break to catch up on things here at home.

Yesterday,  Sue Neal took Granny for PT in Scottsville and got home by noon after eating a late breakfast in town.  I got my tractor going again after a flat tire ... too many locust thorns on this farm.  Worked on things around the house.  Bottled honey late.

This morning I cut back the fence row in front of our house.  It is difficult to see up and down the road when pulling out of our lane.  Mostly cedar trees but lots of limbs.  Finished up after lunch and will pick it all up tomorrow morning after I get the loader back on the tractor.  Went to town for fuel and bush-hogged late afternoon until dark.

Yesterday evening, I took a walk and even after the sun was down, bees were returning to the hives at a rate of about 100 a minute.  There are still several fall flowers blooming ... goldenrod, asters, ageratums and white snakeroot in the woods.  I have been worried about the White Snakeroot ... poisonous to cows and people ... there is a lot of it and I have seen bees working it.  I have not been able to find much on the internet about it.

Harvesting some turnip/mustard greens in the AM for one of our neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment