Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Good weekend weather ... turnips and a praying mantis

It was a busy weekend.  On Saturday, we worked around the house getting things ready for winter ... mowed and trimmed the yard ... I picked some turnips for Sue Neal.  They were not real big ... the largest the size of a tennis ball.  On Sunday afternoon, I picked some for our neighbor ... if the weather holds, we should have some larger ones in a week or two.  Sue Neal cooked some today and said they were good and tender.


I checked and fed our bees today after Sunday School.  They seem to be doing well although a couple of the hives feel a little light on honey.  I finished putting in entrance reducers.  Killed a European honey that was flying around one of the hives at the goat field.  I wish I could find that nest and get rid of them ... I don't know how many honey bees the kill and eat each year but they are annoying and big!
While at one hive behind the house I noticed a praying mantis hanging out at a hive ... trying to eat bees?


Finally ... a pict of Sean in our electromagnet contest last week.  He and Cody won by picking up 61 paperclips with a D battery.  Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment