Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Our Apple IIe and second round of Apiguard for our bees!

Yesterday I picked several bags of turnip and mustard greens for our neighbor Lou and took her some honey.  She was happy to get them and said she was getting really tired of eating broccoli ... she is diabetic and says a teaspoon of honey on her cereal is all she can eat each day.  I should have stayed longer to talk.

After that I bush-hogged a little before changing the oil in the tractor, added hydraulic oil and greased it.  I think it ran better afterwards, probably my imagination.  Got the mower running for Sue Neal and she mowed the yard.

After lunch, put the loader on the tractor to move piles of brush from the fence rows where I had been working. 

Mid afternoon took some time to add a second round of Apiguard for mites and fed light hives.  Got to about half of the hives before running out of Apiguard.  Our bees are still busy with fall flowers and the number still look good.  Finished the day moving more brush.

Yesterday, Steve Jobs died of cancer.  You know how I like Macs!  Our first computer was an Apple IIe ... about 29 years ago when we lived in Ohio.  Rachel was little.  It had 64K and I expanded it by putting in an expansion card for 256K ... whoa!  It had a green screen, a printer and a joystick!  Rachel use to love to play Sticky Bears Alphabet and Numbers (from Weekly Reader) ... I loved the new concept of wordprocessing! 
I should have bought Apple stock then ... you knew Apple was going to be something special.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIe

No comments:

Post a Comment