Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Finals start tomorrow and news from college!

Got home in time for a walk to Long Creek.  Lots of deer on the move ... I saw over a dozen.  Squirrels, a red-tail hawk, barred owls and a few frogs barely croaking in the wetlands near the creek.  I don't know what they were thinking, but it was over 60 degrees here today with sun.  Did not feel much like winter!  I have yet to see a coyote this fall but hear them often and since we have lived here, I only seen one bobcat.  They probably see me or more likely hear me coming.

Checked several bee hives on the walk ... all buzzed up on a tap to the side of the hive ... during the break I will check and feed some of them ... it is a long time to February and those first blooming plants.

I was at Berea College on Monday.  We currently have five former students there and they all seem to be doing well ... saw four of them while on campus, they were getting ready for finals and I hope finals went well ... Raissa, Allison, Kelly and Caleb.  I really like Berea ... it is the best deal in Kentucky for a great college education!

http://www.berea.edu/

It is that time of year when you hear from a few freshmen and how they have toughed out that first semester.  Erika reported in from Emory and Krisston from WKU ... both said they had good semesters.  I am happy for them.  I know that regardless of how it goes, it is so good to get home for that first Christmas!

At school today, in Genetics, we finished handing out AP books and Christmas assignments.  We went over our last discussion questions and some information about our final tomorrow.  I just finished typing it and it is a little heavy on the immune system, Hardy Weinberg and fertility.  Good luck tomorrow and then on to AP.  We are planning breakfast in 509 to celebrate the end our Genetics course on Friday as we hand in books.

In Selected Topics, we started our exit project presentations ... some good ones ... Pandas, serial killers, diabetes, the science of love and more.  It is important to learn how to gather and organize material.  We will finish these presentations tomorrow.

We start the peer review of our exit projects tomorrow in Computer Programming ... it will take part of tomorrow and all Friday to finish.  They look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment