Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday - Rain and more ... some picts

It appears to be going to rain for a few days.  Yesterday was beautiful with sun and high of 65.  I was able to work on our driveway, put machinery away for the winter, and move some fallen tree limbs before heading to the Christmas Parade in town.

Our softball team had a float in the parade (thanks to Joe and Lynn!) and we had about a dozen players able to ride the float with a state championship banner on each side.  There we several hundred people along the route and we ran out of candy to throw out to small children.  It was fun and I espeically appreciated Allison stopping by from Berea to ride with us.  I enjoyed hearing about her first semester in college and all her stories.

On my way home, just out of Scottsville, I saw a fireball (meteor) in the sky toward the southeast.  It lasted for a few seconds and split into two parts before disappearing behind the tree line.  It was really bright and I thought it was a plane going down at first.

Today at noon, I took a long walk from the house, back of the goat field, down to Long Creek and back along Highway 100 to the house.  It was sunny when I started but, cloudy and windy by the time I got back.  The bees were flying at the goat field hives.  Took some pictures of the spring fed stream back of the goat field.  There are three small waterfalls each of about 3 feet along its half mile path. It runs above then on a layer of Chattanooga shale for most of the route before disappearing underground.  Even in the driest portions of the year, it has a good flow of water.  Lots of squirrels out today, as well as many birds.
Some picts from the walk below!




No comments:

Post a Comment