Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Calla Lily and Hydrangeas

Sunday, played the piano for Sunday school (I am usually the last choice before going on without the piano) then spent most of the rest of the day working around the house and building super boxes and painting them.

Sue Neal and I moved all our house plants to the back porch and I took a walk late (actually too late, since it was dark when I got in) down to Long Creek.

This AM, building frames for the supers I built ... a slow go, but in the shade and relaxing work.

Our hydrangeas have been beautiful this year, below ...


Sue Neal was given calla lily rhizomes from her cousins in eastern Kentucky during or trip there this Spring.  They are doing well and blooming now on the NE side of our house ... for few days, there was a wasp hiding in side this bloom.  Calla lilies are native to South Africa.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zantedeschia_aethiopica


No comments:

Post a Comment