Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Fawns, Germander and more.

This morning I got our tractor and bushog ready and got an early start bushogging.  I saw three fawns today ... a set of twins in the long field close to Hwy 100 and another behind Granny's house. They were really young with spots and not too good at moving around.  I mowed the lanes in our blackberry patch ... some have ripened and next week we will have to start picking.

I saw lots of plants while bushogging ... a big American Germander patch on Aunt Nell's farm.  Lots of wild garlic and more slender mountain mint.  I am just getting started so lots to do next week.  Lots of butterfly weed (below) and passion flower / maypop blooming now!



Tomorrow our youngest daughter is coming home for her brother's wedding.  She has not been home since Christmas and we are looking forward to her visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment