Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

106 degrees and invertase

It was 106 yesterday and near that again today.  In 1952 when Granny was married, it was even hotter to put summer temperatures in perspective.

 I have been watering some of our plants around the house but have let the yard go (it is now brown).  We put up a mister using a spray nozzle and graden hose for birds and bees.  It have worked pretty well.  It only sprays about .1 gallons a minute.   I turn in on in the mid-morning and turn it off at dark.  We have had a lot birds fly in for a drink and a few took bathes.



We are going to finish up the honey harvest on Monday and Tuesday ... it is suppose to cool down below 100 degrees.  I am still moving some field wildflowers (mints and butterfly weed) up to the garden ... not a good time for transplanting.

I have stopped bush-hogging in fear of starting a fire.

I have started working on some school projects I want to do next year ...

I am also working on a presentation I am doing at the next beekeepers meeting on July 9th ... "Bees and Biochemistry".  A general review of biochemistry then some specifics on sugars, enzymes (invertase and glucose oxidase), royalactin in royal honey and pheromones (many ... I will have to limit it to two or three).  I will be able to use some of this Keynote presentation in my biology class.





No comments:

Post a Comment