Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bats, Fireflies and Coyotes

I try to sit on the porch in the evening after the sun goes down.  Just after 8:00 in our back yard and in the field behind our house, bats make their appearance,  hunting and diving after insects.  Usually about 20-30 feet above the ground.  We are about a mile or so from Carpenter's Cave and there are many other smaller caves nearby.  I don't particularly like bats, but I enjoy watching them flying around.
About the same time, the fireflies and tree frogs get busy, a few deer will come out of hiding ... usually the finale is a coyote yelping chorus and by that time, it is dark.

http://www.batcon.org/index.php/media-and-info/bats-archives.html?task=viewArticle&magArticleID=952

This afternoon, I attended the farewell party for Vivien as she prepares to go home to Germany.  I know her family will be thrilled to see her!

Still hot but a small chance of rain tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment